Sunday, July 6, 2008

Life and Love in the City

So oftentimes I'm asked two questions by all of my friends near and far...

  1. What's it like working in the city?
  2. How is your dating life?

This blog, will help address and alleviate (well, probably more like reaffirm your constant fears) of my life in the city...and it's outskirts of it's red-headed stepchild, NJ. So let me catch you up to speed on what brought me to this point so far.

I grew up in a small town in Ohio, ironically called Defiance. Maybe that's how my stubborn and resilient personality developed over these years. I went to school in Kentucky and as the years progressed and I meandered up to the East Coast for grad school and I've been single for the last year and a half. (Though I swear it's been longer).

Since I've been single my dating life has been well, interesting to say the least. Many of my friends have begged me to write down my dating experiences simply to share in the good humor of my apparent lack of social judgment when it comes to meeting the perfect mate. So here it is, uncensored and candid to the best of my ability. Though many of my friends would agree it doesn't take much for me to be too candid.

So, please enjoy my wandering thoughts and I hope in my efforts to lay my single heart out on the line I will find someone that will cease my relentless ramblings and force me to write blogs full of puppies and rainbows...

No comments: