Sunday, September 7, 2008

Wedding Afterglow

So let me first start off by apologizing for not writing in a bit. Personal life, outside of the dating world has been quite hectic with switching jobs, etc. (Even though I'm not sure I have a large enough core audience to warrant an apology, but I'll pretend I've amasked thousands of readers and thus the need to apologize for my absence.)

The afterglow of weddings...I just recently came back from one of my good friend Edwin's wedding just now and I must say it was one of the better weddings I've attended. Very beautiful location and nice ceremony, so I'm extremely happy for him. But like many women, let me re-phrase that. Like many single women (that's better) who attend weddings, I will admit, I catch a case of wedding fever. Yes I'm guilty of spending 90% of my Sundays glued to WEtv watching the plethora of wedding shows like Bridezillas and Platinum Weddings, but there just is nothing quite like seeing a wedding in person.

I'm not a super emotional person, but something about a wedding that just gets to you. And the best part of an entire wedding is not the party, not the great food, but honestly...it's simply looking at the groom's face the first moment he sees his bride walk down the aisle. Which today was particularly funny because I was looking at my friend Edwin to catch the tears glimmering and he caught me looking and waved. I about died. haha. Either way...the look in his face when he saw his future wife walk down the aisle was priceless. A man's first glimpse of his future, his life, his destiny is something that I honestly crave to experience. It's one of those rare instances in life where nothing else matters but the brief moment of feeling you have when you see someone you love and care for in a different perspective. Because let's be honest, that's the very first moment that guys thing "Wow, that's my wife...and she's absolutely beautiful."

So, this is a sentimental post more or less simply stating that no one should settle for anyone less than someone who looks at them on their wedding day with a look full of hope, passion and love. A picture perfect moment that will last throughout all time.

No comments: